Thursday, July 20, 2006

THREE BEAUTIFUL PRAYERS FOR THE DYING

Three Very Beautiful Prayers

Which are very useful to a dying person, and should be prayed often as an act of mercy.

There once was a Pope in Rome who was surrounded by many sins. The Lord God struck him with a fatal illness. When he saw that he was dying he summoned Cardinals, Bishops and learned persons and said to them: “My dear friends! What comfort can you give me now that I must die, and when I deserve eternal damnation for my sins?” No one answered him. One of them, a pious curate named John, said: “Father, why do you doubt the Mercy of God?” The Pope replied: “What comfort can you give me now that I must die and fear that I’ll be damned for my sins?” John replied: “I’ll read three prayers over you; I hope, you’ll be comforted and that you’ll obtain Mercy from God.” The Pope was unable to say more. The curate and all those present knelt and said an Our Father, then the following prayers:

Prayer 1.
Lord Jesus Christ! Thou Son of God and Son of the Virgin Mary, God and Man, Thou who in fear sweated blood for us on the Mount of Olives in order to bring peace, and to offer Thy Most Holy Death to God Thy Heavenly Father for the salvation of this dying person… If it be, however, that by his sins he merits eternal damnation, then may it be deflected from him. This, O Eternal Father through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Dear Son, Who liveth and reigneth in union with The Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen.

Prayer 2.
Lord Jesus Christ! Thou who meekly died on the trunk of the Cross for us, submitting Thy Will completely to Thy Heavenly Father in order to bring peace and to offer Thy most Holy Death to Thy Heavenly Father in order to free…(this person)…and to hide from him what he has earned with his sins; grant this O Eternal Father! Through Our Lord Jesus Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in union with the Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen.

Prayer 3.
Lord Jesus Christ! Thou Who remained silent to speak through the mouths of the Prophets; I have drawn Thee to me through Eternal Love, which love drew Thee from Heaven into the body of the Virgin, which love drew Thee from the body of the Virgin into the valley of this needful world, which Love kept Thee 33 years in this world, and as a sign of Great Love, Thou hast given Thy drink, as a sign of great love, Thou has consented to be a prisoner and to be led from one judge to another and as a sign of great love Thou has consented to be condemned to death, and hast consented to die and to be buried and truly rise, and appeared to Thy Holy Mother and all the Holy Apostles, and as a sign of great love Thou hast ascended, under Thy own strength and power, and sitteth at the right hand of God Thy heavenly Father, and Thou has sent Thy Holy Spirit into the heart of Thy Apostles and the hearts of all who hope and believe in Thee. Through Thy sign of Eternal love, open heaven today and take this dying person… and all his sins into the realm of Thy Heavenly Father, that he may reign with Thee now and forever. Amen.

Meanwhile the Pope died. The curate persevered to the third hour, then the Pope appeared to him in body and comforting him; his countenance as brilliant as the sun, his clothes as white as snow, and he said: “My dear brother! Whereas I was supposed to be a child of damnation I’ve become a child of happiness. As you recited the first prayer many of my sins fell from me as rain from Heaven, and as you recited the second Prayer I was purified, as a goldsmith purifies gold in a hot fire. I was still further purified as you recited the third prayer. Then I saw Heaven open and the Lord Jesus standing on the Right Hand of God the Father who said to me: “Come, all thy sins are forgiven thee, you’ll be and remain in the realm of My Father forever. Amen!”

With these words my soul separated from my body and the angels of God led it to Eternal Joy.

As the curate heard this he said: “O Holy Father! I can’t tell these things to anyone, for they won’t believe me.” Then the Pope said: “Truly I tell thee, the Angel of God stands with me and has written the prayers in letters of gold for the consolement of all sinners. If a person had committed all the sins in the world, but that the three prayers shall have been read (over him) at his end (death), all his sins wil be forgiven him, even though his soul was supposed to suffer until the Last Judgment, it will be redeemed (freed).

The person who hears them read, he won’t die an unhappy death also in whose house they will be read. Therefore take these prayers and carry them into St. Peter’s Basilica and lay them in the Chapel named the Assumption of Mary, for certain consolation. The person who will be near death, who reads them or hears them read gains 400 years indulgence for the days he was supposed to suffer in Purgatory because of his guilt. Also who reads this prayer or hears it read, the hour of his death shall be revealed to him. Amen!

(Taken from the Pieta Book – permission granted)

32 Comments:

Blogger Innocent Makawa said...

The three prayers are really beatiful. Lets faithfully use them. Why should poor souls continue to suffer when we have this strong weapon of mercy.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Mmathabo said...

I thank God everyday for his mercy. God is Love, remember he gave us his only son ans he will definately give us more and more ways of coming closer to him or coming home to him. O my God how GREAT thou art. These prayers can also be said for mercy for people who are still alive on earth and God will save them from whatever form of death/sin they are experiencing whilst still on earth. We need to remember God is faithful and his love endures for ever.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I came to the hospital bedside of my dying brother who had days to live. He was not conscious and I was told he probably would not regain consciousness. I said these prayers over him and as I finished he woke up and spoke to me: "Guy do you know I am going home in a week?" I told him I loved him. Exactly seven days later he died in the hospital - indeed he went home. I was unaware that those who had the prayer said had the time of their death revealed to them when my Mother asked me for a copy of the prayers I had said and I read the notes with the prayer. God bless and keep all who say this prayer. Guy McClung San Antonio TX

12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I find these prayers to have great power in releasing God's mercy toward all those dying in need of a prayer. I say it every night for all people dying, so that not one drop of Christ precious blood be wasted.

As Our Blessed Mother revealed at Fatima that many souls enter hell as they had no one to pray for them. As I believe all prayer is spoken in eternal dialect of God's omnipresence. It is very possible to say these prayers via the intersession of Our Blessed Mother for all who have died till this present time.

I need not know a person to wish him/her the validity of God's mercy which these 3 Beautiful Prayers promise.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have said these prayers many times and will try to say them once a night. Lately I have been waking up between 2 and 3 am in the morning, and this is the time I feel called to say this prayer. I thank all who say these prayers daily for the dying. I have close friends who have lost love ones unexpectedly and I am concerned that one of my nieces who I tried to help as child and in most recent years is no longer with us. She was a suffering soul and if she is gone might have died a horrible death by herself. So, I thank you for saying these prayers for the dying. I feel consoled knowing that perhaps somebody here was praying for her.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I found out that my niece is still alive but in need of ongoing prayer.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Gods angel of truth said...

These prayers are also in The Pieta Book

1:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My 32 year old nephew dropped dead this morning of a massive heart attack. I couldn't say the 3 beautiful prayers because I misplaced my pieta book. So I said the Divine Mercy prayer, but was pleased when I seen that you say these prayers nightly for the dying. So thank you. I pray daily for all sinners, & will start saying these prayers daily for the dying. Thank you again and
God bless you and yours.♥️✝️

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Finding these praying is signal blessing. I agree does not matter, there are people dying every minute. I offer them up to Saint Joseph Patron Saint of the dying, he knows who need them. One night while saying the prayers more as a routine then firm belief this simple prayer can save someone from hell. A 200 pound sculpher flew off my wall and landed at my feet. I should have been terrified, I wasn't I went back to my Pieta Blue book, and finished the third prayer. This prayer is true.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I said these prayers for my landlord sitting on a chair in her hospital room...... I added Chaplet of Mercy

2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A close family friend an aunt taught me to say these 3 beautiful prayers for my mother who died last month. 5 minutes before her passing the Lord came to her in Holy Communion. The whole night I told her Jesus will come and only he can enter death and you both will cross and truly the Lord passed and took her and crossed death. I recited these 3 prayers and I daily try to read them when I can there is also a powerful prayer in the Pieta book is the 15prayers my mum hung on them the Lord never abandons us. I know I Have an angel in heaven thanks to those 3 prayers the Lord took her soul to perfect rest

5:22 AM  
Blogger Helen O Regan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To whom that typed the three beautiful prayers, thank you! I tried to pray it faithfully daily. On prayer 3, I think there might be some words that may have been omitted in error (thy Holy body as true food and thy Holy blood as true drink)? Would you be kind as to confirm my forgetful memories 😊. God bless you and your ministry!!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen! I do too! Just like Padre Pio liked to say "let's empty purgatory".

2:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen!!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Prayers lifted!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My condolences to you and your family!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen!!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen!! And am sorry for the loss of your mother!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sincere condolences to you and your family!!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen!!!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen!!!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

THANK YOU ALL; I pray the Three Beautiful PRAYERS regularly for the dying., for those that need it...for those I hear about on the news who’ve died.. The priest at my parish shared with me I believe the idea. Is. That he as well as another priest now passed, God bless his soul, believed the idea that, if I can spit it out right.. that God doesn’t know time... so I am thinking that when I pray these prayers even though someone has already died, that these prayers might be able to still help them!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My God is not some puny god. Time cannot bind His hand nor limit His love. Time bends to His will, not the other way around.❤

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As I read your testimonies, I come to a greater belief in these prayers. I discovered them 10 yrs ago but said them sparingly because most those I knew had passed. My father passed 10 yrs ago at 93 and my mother 8 mos. ago at 97. They were both living away from me in Florida. I was told my mother passed peacefully in her sleep but I felt helpless not to be there at her side praying at least the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
God came into my conscience last week and mentioned to pray these three prayers for her. I had to discern whether I consciously heard Him or had a random thought.
I looked up the three prayers again and said them.
I will be saying them daily now for all those I've known who have died and especially NOW that we are in this Pandemic at this present moment.
God Bless You all,
Phil

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Eternal rest give to all the dead oh lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. Amen

6:37 AM  
Blogger alohalady said...

You are RIGHT those words are missing from the 3rd prayer !!!....."Thou hast given Thy body as True Food and Thy Blood as True drink".

Someone PLEASE PLEASE add the words that are missing from the 3rd prayer......it is in the Pieta book which has it correctly written !!!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a Hospice nurse and when the time allows I often recite these prayers for my dying patients.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lavonne said...

I too have been called to wake at the 3am hour. It is indeed a call to prayer. I believe it the Divine Mercy Hour. I will now incorporate these 3 Beautiful Prayers starting today. Amen to all who pray them and to those who shared their personal stories.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a RN and have always worked in the hospital. I have been blessed to have said these prayers over many dying souls. I asked that when the see Jesus to please kiss his hands and feet for me. It is an honor to be able to read them!!! God is Great!!!!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Just to notify a line missing in the 3rd prayer,

after "...kept Thee 33 years in this world, and as a sign of Great Love, hast given .." it should read

"Thy Holy Body as True Food and Thy Holy Blood as True Drink"

You could compare it with many other site online that feature the prayers.

I say them often for ill people. Very powerful.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows
[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>